How to Connect Your Child’s Android Device for Monitoring
How do I connect my child’s Android for monitoring?
STEP 1: Install the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s Android device.
- Download the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s phone if you haven’t already. Click the link below to download.
Note: You may need to hold your finger on the download button below and select “Download Link.”
If prompted, allow the Storage permission for your default browser in order to save this file to your Android device.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the file from where you saved it (typically it will be saved in the device’s “Downloads app” or the “Downloads folder” in the File Manager app).
- Tap on the SVN.apk file, and tap Install.
Here is an example of a File Manager App where you may find the SVN.apk file you’ve just downloaded:
STEP 2: Open “Settings” to Enable “Install Unknown Apps or Sources”
• After opening or attempting to install the file, you’ll receive a security prompt warning you about installing apps from “unknown sources.”
• Click on Settings and toggle on Downloads from Unknown Sources.
• Next, click the back navigation button to continue with the installation.
• The Safe Virtual Neighborhood app is now installed!
This is an example of the Unknown Sources option under Android Settings. If you’re having trouble finding the setting on your child’s device, we recommend just searching for “unknown” in your child’s Android Settings and look for “Install unknown apps,” as seen below:
Step 3: Open the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app
Look for the Save Virtual Neighborhood app on the device’s home screen or App Drawer with this icon:
Step 4: Sign in with your Parent Credentials
Step 5: Follow the instructions to allow permissions
You will see several screens where you are allowing Safe Virtual Neighborhood the permission to monitor your child’s device, as seen below:
Step 6: Select “Open Settings” when prompted:
Step 7: Go to the “Accessibility” settings, and click on Safe Virtual Neighborhood
Step 8: Within the Safe Virtual Neighborhood menu in the Accessibility settings, toggle the switch for “On”
Step 9: Press “OK”
The app is now actively monitoring activities in the background!
Step 10: You’re Finished!
You’ll now be alerted if a registered sex offender contacts your child via Snapchat, text, emails or phone calls – or if your child is near an offender’s home.
Need additional assistance?
Contact us if you’re having any issues setting up your child’s Android device.